When you have installed Magix Vegas Pro 14 a (cut down) version of NewBlue Titler Pro 3 ‘ll be installed. If you have older installations of Vegas Pro 12 or 13 and a license for NewBlue Titler Pro 2 (full) the installation process of Vegas Pro 14 ‘ll change (destroy) the older installations of NewBlue Titler Pro 2 (NewBlueFX should be ashamed)!
Uninstalling the “NewBlue Vegas Pro Complete” package of Magix Vegas 14 ‘ll not cure this. When you ‘ll uninstall all the NewBlue Pro Titlers and you ‘ll install the latest NewBlue Titler Pro 2 version (OFX version) NewBlue Titler Pro 2 ‘ll crash Vegas Pro 14 when used (at least that is my experience). Installing NewBlue Vegas Pro Complete again ‘ll destroy the installations of Titler Pro 2 in Vegas Pro 12 and 13 again.
At cost of losing NewBlue Titler Pro 3 and some other NewBlue filters in Vegas 14 I managed to install NewBlue Titler Pro 2 for Vegas Pro 12, 13 and 14. The key to success was not to install any OFX version of the titler but to install only the native “Sony Vegas Pro 64 bit” version. Bonus : a stable titler and project and template files in xml fomat instead of the encrypted formats of the later versions.
I used this procedure:
- Uninstall NewBlue Vegas Pro Complete (of Magix Vegas Pro 14 installation).
- Uninstall NewBlue Titler Pro 2.
- To be sure : run a register cleaner like CCleaner or Eusing Free Registry Cleaner.
- Open the installer 140130 for NewBlue Titler Pro 2 (“NewBlueTitlerProForWindowsSetup20-140130.exe). Don’t use later (OFX) installers like NewBlueTitlerPro2-160330-216.exe!
- In the installer deselect all options and check only “Sony Vegas Pro 64 bit” (not the OFX version).
- Complete the installation.
- Open Vegas Pro (12, 13 or 14). Open the titler “NewBlue Titler Pro 2.0” and activate with your serialnumber (license) of Titler Pro 2 (menu item “Help”).
- Don’t update / upgrade. Don’t reinstall NewBlue Vegas Pro Complete (for Magix Vegas Pro 14).
At this moment this workaround is good enough for me.
Maybe this is working for you too. Use at your own risc.